It does not make
us proud to advise you there are some bail agencies in the community who will take
advantage of unknowing consumers. We are proud to say that most bail agencies are honest
and fair with the public. Some are not. It is to your advantage to protect yourself and
your family by following a few simple bail bonds consumer tips and bail
1. Make sure you only deal with a
licensed bail agent. Ask to see the bail agents license and identification prior to
any bail transaction.
2. Make sure the bail agent charges you only legal rates.
The premium charged for a bail bond in normally 10% of the full bail amount. Any
additional charges should be itemized and explained to your satisfaction.
3. Make sure you are given itemized receipts for all charges.
4. Make sure you are given copies of all signed contracts and agreements.
5. If financing is provided, make sure you understand the terms of the financing
agreement prior to signing and be sure you are given copies of anything you sign.
6. Make sure the bail agent you contract with will be available to you after the
bail bond has been posted. Part of what you pay for is service. Any professional bail
agent will be available for questions or concerns throughout the entire process.
As an informed bail bond consumer, you will have the tools necessary to make the right
decisions. Make sure you feel comfortable with the bail agent you choose. Go by your gut
instinct. If it feels right, it probably is. If it doesn't feel right, walk away and call
We at Binders Bail Bonds pride ourselves on being professional,
straight forward and honest. For immediate assistance, please feel free to contact us 24
hours a day at 1-800-957-2245. We can also be reached through
our Contact Us or Email Us.